Chunky Monkey Rice Crispy Treats are a homemade healthier makeover of your favorite childhood snack! Only 6 ingredients and Vegan + Gluten-free!
Hola friends! Today we’re going to take you way back down memory lane. How so? With a rice crispy treat recipe😎
TBH rice crispies were the highlight of my day back in middle school. I didn’t particularly enjoy those awkward pre-teen years, but did anyone? From what I remember, all my teachers were super mean. But the worst part of middle school was that I had the last lunch every year. Every. Single. Year.
But when lunch did come (at 1 pm, which is a long haul when you eat breakfast at 6:30 am) all I could think about was my rice crispy treat. It’s been almost a decade since those dreaded years, and although I haven’t missed them, I’ve missed the joy those sweet treats brought me.
Ok, enough reminiscing, lets get to the recipe! I’ve partnered up with One Degree Organic Foods to create these healthier, vegan rice crispy treats. The thing I love about One Degree Organic is that every single ingredient they use has a story.
One Degree Organics brings food straight from the farm to your table so there’s only one degree of separation between you and the person who grew your food — just like a farmers’ market. Meet the family farmers who grow every ingredient in every product through a QR code. All One Degree Organics products are sprouted, traceable, organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
Guys if you have never tried to make your own rice crispies, now is the time! These are so simple with only a few ingredients needed:
Chunky Monkey Rice Crispy Treats
Take a trip down memory lane with this new and improved healthier rice crispy treat recipe! No marshmallows or butter here, these treats use peanut butter, bananas and maple syrup. Only 6 ingredients needed and vegan + gluten-free!
- 3 cups One Degree Organics brown rice cacao crisps
- 1 cup chopped banana chips(preferably no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- PB drizzle:
- 2 Tbsp. smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- Place cacao crisps and banana chips in a large bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Place peanut butter and maple syrup in a sauce pan on low heat. Stir occasionally until mixture starts to boil. Once boiling starts, add mashed banana and stir constantly until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Pour peanut butter mixture onto cereal and mix until well combined. Press down evenly into a parchment-lined 8x8 pan. Add more banana chips on top, if desired.
- Freeze for 1 hour, or place in refrigerator for a few hours.
- Once hardened, use a sharp knife to slice into about 9 bars.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter and coconut oil. Drizzle on top of bars.
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Question of the day:
Have you ever made your own rice crispy treats?