Be prepared to become addicted to these Crispy Lemon Pesto Roasted Brussels Sprouts! So flavorful and drool-worthy, you’ll want them on repeat! Also whole30, vegan + paleo friendly.
Happy almost end of school year y’all (well at least for us)! To celebrate, I’m coming in hot with another crispy brussels sprouts recipe. After seeing how popular these were, I just couldn’t stop myself from creating another bangin’ masterpiece. Before we get to talking (and drooling) about this deliciousness, can we talk about how amazing citrus is?
I’ve always underestimated the power and flavor that citrus adds to food. Ever since the start of Whole30, I’ve been squeezing lemon onto everything, and now I really appreciate the freshness and “zing” that it provides.
Want to make your meal extra tangy and flavorful? Just squirt some citrus in it. Seriously, just do it. Do you know what’s even better? Having lemon infused olive oil to drizzle on your meals. For my peeps who are doing Whole30 (or just love veggies in general), you know how much you use (healthy) oils for roasting and cooking.
My friends at Queen Creek Olive Mill graciously sent us some unique, cold-pressed olive oil to try out, and we’re in love. Queen Creek Olive Mill has the best of the best, top of the line olive oils, starting from hand-picking the olives, to cold pressing them into EVOO. They more different delicious flavored olive oils that you could imagine! For this recipe I used their Meyer Lemon to make a simple lemony pesto to coat the brussels. Holy. Flavor. Explosion.
Tender on the inside, nice and crispy on the outside with loads of lemony pesto goodness. We’re talking out-of-this world amazing. Can’t stop won’t stop amazing. You just need to make them asap.
Super simple to make, check out the ingredients:
Salt + Pepper
Crispy Lemon Pesto Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are coated in a thick lemony pesto sauce and cooked until crispy and tender to create an unforgettable, crowd-pleasing side dish! You’ll be wowed by the flavor!
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts, halved
- Lemon Pesto:
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Queen Creek Olive Mill Meyer Lemon olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place brussels sprouts in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for pesto in a food processor. Blend until a thick smooth pesto is formed.
- Mix pesto into brussels sprouts, making sure each sprout gets coated well.
- Place brussels sprouts in a single layer on a greased cooking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Take out of oven and flip sprouts over and cook another 10 minutes, or until nice and crispy.
- Pesto recipe adapted from Whole30 Recipe cookbook
- *Feel free to add cheese to this pesto, I left it out for Whole30 purposes
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Question of the day:
Do you like adding citrus to your food?