These Crispy Barbecue Spiced Brussels Sprouts are a tasty + addicting side dish that anyone will love, even brussels sprouts haters! Vegan, Paleo + Whole30 Friendly!
Would you be surprised if I told you that brussels sprouts have been one of my favorite foods since I was little? No, seriously. I have always loved my veggies, even the most disliked ones. I guess I can thank my mom for cooking them well because I never thought they were bitter or disgusting.
It’s really all about how you cook brussels sprouts. If I tried them raw, I probably would think they tasted pretty bitter too, but I would not even try to eat them without cooking. The key is roasting them until they are slightly crispy.
Have you ever had fried crispy brussels sprouts at a restaurant? If you haven’t, you really need too, even if you swear you hate brussels. Crispy brussels sprouts make me weak at my knees😍
I tried to recreate restaurant-style brussels and it turned out a tasty success. I added my own spin by coating the brussels with a sweet and slightly spicy bbq spice mix. Wow, talk about a flavor explosion in your mouth, these brussels are everything!
You probably already have all the spices you need in your kitchen! To make these unbelievably addicting brussels, mix together:
BBQ spice mix
Crispy BBQ Spiced Brussels Sprouts
Who says bbq is only meant for the grill? One bite of these BBQ spiced brussels sprouts, and you won’t be able to stop yourself! Crispy, flavorful and addicting!
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- BBQ Spice Rub:
- 2 tsp. coconut sugar (leave out for Whole30 approved)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- salt to taste
- liquid smoke, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Combine all ingredients for spice mix in a large bowl. Mix in into brussels sprouts and use a large spoon to toss spice mix evenly among sprouts. Mix in liquid smoke if using.
- Spread brussels sprouts in one layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Increase oven to 450 degrees and bake for another 5 minutes, or until crispy.
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Question of the day:
Do you like brussels sprouts?
Have you ever tried them crispy?