Looking for healthier scones? Make these Vegan Glazed Oatmeal Chai Pumpkin Scones! They taste like fall, but without the gluten and refined sugar!
I feel that it’s appropriate to assume people are more productive working at a coffee shop than at home. Literally every time I walk into Starbucks (or any coffee shop) there are no seats available because everyone is busy on their laptops either working or studying.
There is just something about getting work done with a coffee and pastry by your side. It makes working/studying so much easier and more joyful. Whose with me on this one? When ever I have the time, I go to Starbucks to do things on the blog that I hate doing, because God knows I won’t do it when I’m home. So how does this tie into today’s recipe? Scones.
Coffee shops have scones and scones are delicious. But scones are high calorie, have virtually no nutrients, and do nada for your body. Buttt they accompany coffee/tea really well. Hot caffeinated beverages + scones = soul mates.
Of course I would love to order a scone at a coffee shop, but that would be bad-news-bears because gluten and sugar💩💩💩
Thank God I’m a blogger and I sometimes know how to bake, so my God-given talent saved me on this one. I’ve done oatmeal scones before and based this recipe off of them. Also had to make a pumpkin version because everyone loves pumpkin! I also chai spices to it, Mmmmmmm!
But wait, there’s more. A pumpkin chai glaze is drizzled on top of the scones, because glazes make everything better. 👈Proven fact💁. So not only do you get tasty scones that you and your coffee have been longing for, but you also get some good nutrients, fiber and homemade goodness.
Glazed Oatmeal Chai Pumpkin Scones
Chai spice and pumpkin are combined together in these delicious scones that are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea! You’d never guess they are vegan, gluten-free and made with only three tablespoons of maple syrup to sweeten them!
- 3 chai tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Chai Glaze:
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- chai spice
- Cut tops of of chai tea bags and place in a food processor. Blend until tea is in fine granules. Set aside 1/3 for the glaze.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine oats, oat flour, baking soda and 2/3 of chai tea granules.
- In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- Add dough to a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper. Shape into a large circle and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out of oven and slice into 8 even slices. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- To make glaze, place all ingredients in a sauce pan on medium-low heat until mixture starts to simmer, about 5 minutes. Let cool, then spoon over scones.
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Questions of the day!
What’s your go-to Starbucks order?
What’s your all-time favorite flavor of scones?