Satisfy your pumpkin cravings with this Paleo Pumpkin Snack Cake with Dark Chocolate Frosting. You won’t believe that it’s flour-less and made with only 7 ingredients! Also with a vegan option!
I am often referred to as “the trickster”. Not only can I do some pretty cool tricks in gymnastics, but I actually trick people into thinking certain things. Not gonna lie, sometimes I tell people that I’m Rachel and they believe me. One time I convinced my 22 year old friend that chocolate milk was made from brown cows. Yeah I’m completely serious on that last sentence. This girl graduated college with a degree in medical lab science and was fooled by me.
I guess I sometimes “trick” too much so people start to not believe when I say certain things. Case in point: this recipe. Every single person who tried recipe couldn’t believe this cake was made sans flour. How does one make baked goods without the use of flour? You are tricking us Bethany, aren’t you?
Actually nah, not this time. You see, almond butter/cashew butter is one heck of a sub for flour in grain-free baked goods. I was amazed myself at how well this cake fluffed up. The texture is moist and so fluffy (I could die!) and everything you want a cake to be. No fooling you here, pinky promise.
And now that the pumpkin craze has begun, I’ve been craving all things pumpkin. Before you know it, I’ll have a nice beta-carotene tan which is totally ok with me.
It’s mind blowing that no flour is needed to make this cake. Only 6 simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen:
Egg or flax egg
Paleo Pumpkin Snack Cake with Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting
An unbelievably moist flourless pumpkin cake is topped with thick dark chocolate fudge frosting. You won’t believe that this cake contains only 6 ingredients and is gluten-free, grain-free and refined sugar-free!
- 1 cup almond OR cashew butter
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten (sub flax egg for vegan option)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Paleo Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until mixture is smooth.
- Spread batter into 9x9 square pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until done. Let cool and spread frosting on top.
- Slice into 9-12 pieces.
- Adapted from my Paleo Dark Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Brownies
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Questions of the day!
- Are you ready for pumpkin season yet?
- What’s your favorite recipe to make with pumpkin?