Love sweet potato toast? Make this grilled sweet potato toast and top it with Orange Beet Avocado Salsa! So flavorful and healthy! Vegan + Paleo friendly!
Amen for grilling season and smart creative people. Only smart and creative people can come up with crazy, awesome recipes that will blow up all over the internet. Case in point: Sweet potato toast.
Like how does one think of toasting (or grilling) sweet potato slices so they can take place of bread? It’s the next best thing since zoodles. Mind blown.
Anyway, lets talk about grilling. If I could grill every day of the year I totally would, but we got this annoying thing called winter that prevents me from doing that. So I gotta take full advantage on sunny summer days and grill all the things before cold weather nips me in the butt.
This summer I’m partnering with Love Beets to celebrate #goodcleansummerlove and I could not be more excited! I’m a huge fan of beets, and add them to almost all my summer salads. Another thing beets are great for? Salsa!
On top of the grilled sweet potato toasts, we’ve got a sweet, unique salsa that is unlike anything you’ve ever had. In the mix we have:
drizzle of olive oil
+ a pinch of LOVE
Grilled Sweet Potato Toast with Orange Beet Avocado Salsa
Sweet honey-ginger beets combine with avocado, oranges and red onion to create the perfect topper for grilled sweet potato toast!
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (6.5 oz.) pack of honey + ginger Love Beets
- 1/2 avocado, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Light grill to medium heat. Spray potato slices with cooking spray.
- Grill potato slices on a lightly oiled grill rack over medium heat, until grill marks appear and potatoes are cooked through, about 8-10 minutes on each side. Place on a plate/pan and set aside.
- To make salsa, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Spoon salsa over sweet potato toasts and serve.
Don’t forget to enter in the #goodcleansummerlove giveaway for your chance to win a year’s supply of Love Beets and Organic Girl products! To enter: use the #goodcleansummerlove hashtag on twitter,instagram and Facebook! Each hashtag entry is a chance to win a year’s supply of Love Beets and organicgirl products. The entry period will run through to August 12.
“This post is sponsored by Love Beets . As always, all opinions are my own. ” #goodcleansummerlove
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like:
Questions of the day:
Have you tried sweet potato toast yet?
What is your favorite thing to grill?