This Creamy Tropical Sweet Potato Salad is a healthy and delicious side dish filled with tropical flavors like coconut and pineapple! Also vegan, paleo and whole 30 friendly!
I was scrolling through our Pinterest feed the other day and stumbled upon this Cranberry Sweet Potato Salad that we made for Thanksgiving last year and wanted to make it again, but this time, change it up for a more summer-like flavor. Since I already knew that the base of those recipe worked well, I decided to add-in tropical flavors instead of the original flavors.
This Sweet Potato Salad gets it’s tropical taste from:
It’s so tropical that you’ll think your on an island somewhere drinking a pina colada with your toes in the sand. Totally kidding, well sort of!
Different and Tasty!
It’s incredibly creamy and does not include sour cream or mayo as opposed to traditional potato salad. It’s a delicious side dish for a family cookout or can even double as a healthy dessert.
Allergies & Diet
This Potato salad is also great for those with allergies and dietary restrictions such as paleo, vegan and whole 30! So if you make this tasty Tropical Sweet Potato Salad, you won’t just be transported to an island, but you will also please everyone!
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted if desired
- 1 cup coconut yogurt or coconut cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 and add sweet potato cubes to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, roast for 30-40 minutes or until done and place in a large bowl
- Add in pineapple, nuts and coconut, mix well
- For dressing: mix yogurt and milk together and add into sweet potato mixture, combine well.
Question of the day:
What’s a recipe that you keep on making variations of?
What’s your favorite tropical fruit?