Breakfast Featured Recipes

Paleo Elvis Breakfast Cobbler

February 20, 2016
Need a reason to wake up in the morning? This Paleo Elvis Breakfast Cobbler is worth getting out of bed! Also Gluten-free, grain-free and dairy-free!

Some days I just don’t feel like getting out of bed.  Ya feel me?  I need a real good reason to get up, aka Breakfast!   I get motivated to wake up early when I know that breakfast is going to be insanely delicious! Any one else like that?  So naturally, I was super excited for this months recipe redux theme and totally inspired by one of my most favorite bloggers, Kylie from Imma Eat That. A while back she posted and awesome Summer-inspired Breakfast Cobbler Recipe that looked extremely delicious!

Break Out of Breakfast Boredom:

“Cooks aren’t always pressed for time in the mornings – they just need new ideas. Think mug cakes, smoothie bowls, breakfast cookies and more. Show us the healthy way you wake up your breakfast – or wake up just for breakfast!”

Now, your probably thinking “how do I have time to make this in the morning?”  Well, my friend, the beauty of this breakfast cobbler is that you can make it the night before and reheat it the following morning.  It’s super easy to make, and you could even make it before you head off to work!

And if you know that this beauty will be your breakfast, you’d naturally probably wake up a few minutes before your alarm due to excitement!  I mean, cobbler for breakfast that includes bacon is always a reason to get out of bed in my book.

Slightly sautéed bananas on the bottom, a sweet grain-free pancake-like cobbler nut butter topping with bits of bacon in every bite.  What more could you want for breakfast?   You could add a drizzle of pure maple syrup and call it a day, a very beautiful day!

Paleo Elvis Breakfast Cobbler

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Coat a small skills with coconut oil and place on medium heat. Add sliced bananas and let cook for about 5 minutes, flipping when one side is browned.
  3. In a small bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
  4. In a separate bowl, combined almond butter, egg, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk together until completely combined.
  5. Add almond butter mixture to coconut flour mixture and mix to combine. Add in crumbled bacon. Pour mixture in skille over bananas.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into skillet.

Adapted from Imma Eat That’s Grain-Free Breakfast Blueberry Peach Breakfast Cobbler

[Tweet “This Paleo Elvis Breakfast Cobbler is the BEST breakfast!”]

Pin for Later!!!

You may also like these Recipes

ABP3

Skillet Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding

photo-1.PNG-22

Paleo Maple Bacon Pancake Bars

• Have you ever had bacon and banana together!?
  • Sweet or savory breakfasts?

Linking up with Savory Saturdays!

• Reply Hilary February 20, 2016 at 2:05 pm

I love recipes that give you that sweet but yet savory. These always end up not only being the most satisfying but the most delicious!

• Reply Kaila@HealthyHelperBlog February 21, 2016 at 8:32 am

YUM!! This looks amazing! And I happen to have ALL the ingredients! LUCKY ME! 🙂

• Reply Tara | Treble in the Kitchen February 21, 2016 at 9:47 am

What a fun and tasty idea!! 🙂

• Reply Hannah @CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 21, 2016 at 1:56 pm

This is something that I could TOTALLY get on board with! I love a good sweet and savory combo, and I love that this is Paleo 🙂
    Hannah @CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted…Paleo Banana-Free Chocolate Chia PuddingMy Profile

• Reply Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine February 21, 2016 at 3:51 pm

That sure is a way to knock the boardom 😉
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Friday Finisher 2/19/16My Profile

• Reply Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats February 21, 2016 at 10:33 pm

What a fabulous way to start the day off on the right foot!

• Reply Emily @ Sinful Nutrition February 22, 2016 at 11:14 am

There are few things better than the banana and nut butter combo. I could definitely eat this entire thing every morning! 🙂

• Reply Kate February 22, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Yummy! This is so creative. I’m a fan of cobbler, but I have never thought to make banana cobbler.
    Kate recently posted…The push to full recoveryMy Profile

• Reply Sam @ PancakeWarriors February 22, 2016 at 2:45 pm

This is such a fun idea!! Love the flavor combo, I am always looking for a new breakfast food to fall in love with, and this kind of looks like a giant pancake which makes me giddy!!
    Sam @ PancakeWarriors recently posted…Easy Paleo Cherry Barbecue SauceMy Profile

• Reply Sarah Grace February 22, 2016 at 4:43 pm

hello delicious!! This looks so yummy and fun at the same time! And I LOVE kylie’s blog <33

xo,
    Sarah Grace
    Sarah Grace recently posted…Mocha Coconut Breakfast Protein SmoothieMy Profile

• Reply Alice February 22, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Oh goodness, this looks amazing! How many does it serve?

• Reply Bethany @ athletic avocado February 22, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Hi Alice,
    It serves anywhere from 2-4 people! It just depends how hungry you are 🙂 Hope you enjoy!

• Reply Sonali- The Foodie Physician February 22, 2016 at 11:21 pm

This is ridiculous in the best imaginable way!!! I’m totally drooling over here 🙂
    Sonali- The Foodie Physician recently posted…Dining with the Doc: Strawberry Stuffed French ToastMy Profile

• Reply GiGi Eats February 23, 2016 at 12:40 am

HOLY FRIGGIN MA-JOLIE!!!!!!!!! THIS LOOKS EXTREMELY PHENOMENAL, I CANNOT EVEN CONTROL MYSELF!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…(Not A) Fashion Faux Pas-ta PuttanescaMy Profile

• Reply Liz - Meal Makeover Mom February 23, 2016 at 7:21 am

Wow. I don’t typically eat a Paleo diet, but I have friends who do. This is a must try. Love the ingredient combo!!

• Reply Stacie, RDN | Simply Nourished February 23, 2016 at 7:25 am

This look super delicious! My kind of recipes! I love that you share grain-free recipes too.

• Reply Adri February 23, 2016 at 12:43 pm

This looks wonderful. There are so many uses fro coconut flour. I am using more and more of it as time goes on. So I am pleased to find yet another recipe that calls for it. Thanks!
    Adri recently posted…The Clever Cookbook – A Book Review and GiveawayMy Profile

• Reply Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy February 24, 2016 at 6:18 am

Anything with nut butter makes me happy and you can never have too many breakfast ideas, right?!

• Reply Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen February 24, 2016 at 6:21 am

Okay, YES this sounds absolutely AMAZING. You girls never seize to amaze me with your recipes!!
    Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen recently posted…Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Bread [low fat, dairy-free]My Profile

• Reply Julie @ Running in a Skirt February 24, 2016 at 8:53 am

What a hunk-a-hunka burnin’ love recipe! Yummy! Never would have thought of this combination.
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt recently posted…10 Ways to Stay & Explore Wailea on a BudgetMy Profile

• Reply Cora February 24, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Oh man. I had made the peach cobbler from immaeatthat, and it was delicious. But this one has BACON. You are brilliant.
    Cora recently posted…WIAW: Changing Taste Buds (and Wakame Bowl Recipe)My Profile

• Reply upbeetandkaleingit February 25, 2016 at 11:55 am

This is fantastic and a great concept! I could easily adapt this to vegan and anything with peanut butter and banana is amazing 🙂

• Reply Margaret @ youngandrungry February 25, 2016 at 4:33 pm

holllllly cow! Paleo and Elvis in the same sentence struck my attention, but I wasn’t even expecting it to be THIS good! I love how this has minimal/quick baking involved because I can do other stuff rather than watching something closely over the skillet!
    Margaret @ youngandrungry recently posted…Rock CF: Running and Cystic Fibrosis + CF Green SmoothieMy Profile

• Reply Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness February 26, 2016 at 8:19 pm

I TOTALLY feel you on not wanting to get out of bed in the morning! The struggle is very real!
    BUT, this cobbler? I would SO get out of bed for it ANY DAY, ALL DAY. And, I love that you can reheat it. SO GOOD GIRL.
    Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness recently posted…Paleo Magic Cookie Bars {Vegan}My Profile

• Reply Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 28, 2016 at 12:00 am

WOW. I think you just made my ideal breakfast. I’m 100% not a morning person, but I’d be motivated to get up for this.
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chicken Curry [Recipe]My Profile

• Reply Shannon February 28, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Banana and nut butter is the best combo EVER!!!

• Reply Vishal February 28, 2016 at 9:27 pm

It is wonderful to have you back in town doing what you love sraihng your awesome gourmet culinary skills! My lunch was fantastic today!!! A spinach salad which was the BEST I have ever had. It is so good to have you back. Not only was the food outstanding, you made me feel like a rock star visiting my table (on your knees ) to fill me in on your brief time away from Route 140. Welcome back, James and Coryn!! A Hidden Jewel is correct!!!! Cannot wait to see you soon!!

• Reply Raia March 3, 2016 at 11:52 am

Yep. Definitely adding this to my list of must-try breakfasts! Thank you so much for sharing it at Savoring Saturdays!

• Reply Kimberly/TheLittlePlantation March 6, 2016 at 9:43 am

Wow, this sure looks filling and a great reason to get out of bed! Love the name you gave it too 😉

• Reply Sophie March 13, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Great, unusual breakfast option – easily transportable for brekky on the go too!

• Reply Andrea Wyckoff March 31, 2016 at 11:36 pm

This post makes me SMILE so big! And start humming Elvis tunes! I am so making this for breakfast this weekend!!