Breakfast Featured Paleo Recipes Recipes Vegan Recipes

Healthy Chunky Monkey French Toast in a Mug {GF, Paleo + Vegan Option!}

February 11, 2016
Chunky Monkey French Toast in a Mug 4

I could not be more excited to share this recipe with you guys (and gals) today!

Well, because,

#1: French toast

#2: Peanut butter, chocolate and banana

#3: All made in a matter of 2 minutes in the microwave!

Could life get any better? This french toast in a mug is perfect for those days when you can’t make french toast in the mornings or during a weekday, because who gets up at the crack of dawn to make french toast before work!? That’s what i’m saying!

ย You can have delicious french toast in less than 2 minutes Chunky Monkey French Toast in a Mug! It also can be Vegan, Paleo and Gluten-free!

Well, great news for you french toast lovers, you can have a tasty and delicious breakfast with out the hassle! You may never want to make regular french toast ever again.

This version is also on the healthy side, though it may not sound like it because of all the chunky-monkey goodness. You can use any type of bread you want, whether it be vegan, paleo or gluten-free bread, it’s all up to you. There are also no need for eggs wither, this french toast in a mug binds together nicely thanks to the combo of lite coconut milk and almond milk. Add in the nut butter, chocolate chips and banana and your all set and ready to have a great day!

Make this Chunky Monkey French Toast in a Mug and I promise that you will get your day to an awesome start!

Chunky Monkey French Toast Mug Cake

• 2 pieces bread, cubed (can use GF, Paleo, Vegan bread)
  • 1/4 cup lite coconut milk
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter or almond butter
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp chocolate chips
  • 1 banana, sliced into coins
  • Peanut Butter Drizzle
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
  • 1 tsp coconut oil

1. Set bread aside in a bowl and grease a mug/ramekin with cooking spray
  2. Mix milks, peanut butter and vanilla in a small bowl well
  3. Add milk mixture to bread and mix well
  4. Mix in chocolate chips and banana coins and divide mixture into two ramekins or one large mug
  5. Microwave for 1-2 minutes
  6. Peanut Butter Drizzle
  7. Mix Peanut Butter and coconut oil in small bowl and microwave for 45 seconds
  8. Drizzle over French Toast Mugs

[Tweet “Healthy Chunky Monkey French Toast in a Mug! “]

Pin for Later!

You may also like these Recipes!

photo-148-2

ย Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast Rollups

smore6

S’mores Mug Cake

• What’s your favorite weekendย breakfast?
  • Have you ever made a mug cake?

Linking up with Laura!

• Reply Natalie | Feasting on Fruit February 11, 2016 at 10:21 pm

It’s so very hard to believe that the microwave can produce this much amazingness ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Omg all the textures and the gooeyness and the drizzle, I’m going crazy over here not having this in my hands right now! I haven’t made french toast in years because well I don’t do extravagant breakfasts, but this is super easy. And it would be a good dessert too ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Bethany And Rachel February 12, 2016 at 10:40 pm

You would LOVE this! Perfect for dessert too. This combo is magical! Thanks Natalie ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Melanie @ Nutritious Eats February 12, 2016 at 8:30 am

Yum yum! You can’t beat this combo!! And I am a big fan of french toast…eggs and bread, can’t go wrong!

• Reply Kaila @healthyhelperblog! February 12, 2016 at 8:58 am

Can you believe I didn’t like french toast until THIS year? I finally got around to making a french toast recipe to “re-try” it and fell in love! I can’t wait to try this.

• Reply Bethany And Rachel February 12, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Good thing you like it now! Let me know if you try it, thank you <3

• Reply Kat February 12, 2016 at 9:30 am

Ummm GENIUS!! Sign me uppppp!
    And seeing as how I just bought my first loaf of gluten free bread, this is totally happening. Post workout meal? I say YES!

• Reply Leah M @ love me, feed me February 12, 2016 at 10:29 am

It has been waaaaaay too long since I’ve had french toast and I need this in my life!! Cannot go wrong with this combo!!

• Reply Rachel @LittleChefBigAppetite February 12, 2016 at 11:00 am

STOP THE MADNESS! This looks INSANELY good! All my favorite flavors! Pinning!

• Reply Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 12, 2016 at 11:52 am

I think you’ve achieved breakfast nirvana. Whoa. The only thing better than french toast is french toast with chocolate and PB.

• Reply Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me February 12, 2016 at 11:53 am

Unpopular opinion: I donโ€™t like French Toast. But that only speaks volumes to how delicious youโ€™ve made this sound, because I think Iโ€™d actually give this a shot! You cannot go wrong with bananas, chocolate chips and peanut butter!

• Reply Bethany And Rachel February 12, 2016 at 10:37 pm

I think you would like this even though you don’t like french toast because of that chunky monkey combo, so good ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Anna @ THE POSH BODY February 12, 2016 at 11:53 am

Love that this can accommodate so many different dietary restrictions! Well done ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Chrissa - Physcial Kitchness February 12, 2016 at 1:32 pm

This would make my morning EPIC! I love mug cakes although I only have one recipe I make, over and over and over. NOW I have two. Mmmmm come to momma!

• Reply Hilary February 12, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Oh my gosh does this recipe look amazing! So delicious, can’t wait to try it out !

• Reply Sarah Grace February 12, 2016 at 1:51 pm

ummm, those three reasons are ALL I NEED to want to make this RIGHT NOW. Oh my delishhh!

xo,
    Sarah Grace

• Reply Allie February 12, 2016 at 2:15 pm

This looks sooo good and easy. Can’t wait to try it out

• Reply Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine February 12, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Ah! I do this all the time! Mug cake french toast is the bomb and so much easier!!!! (college student style french toast) ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply Heather @ Polyglot Jot February 12, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Wow…this looks awesome!! I love to eat anything in ramekins haha! It makes food more fancy! I’m not a fan of plain banana but I think with everything mixed in this would be delicious

• Reply Nicole February 12, 2016 at 7:36 pm

This looks fantastic! I love all of the elements – bananas, french toast, PB and chocolate chips… pinned for me to try later. Found your post at the Blogger’s Pit Stop

• Reply Hannah February 12, 2016 at 8:06 pm

I have a random little bit of coconut milk sitting in my fridge, so now I know what I’m making with it!

• Reply Alexa [fooduzzi.com] February 13, 2016 at 9:20 am

Wow! Seriously, this flavor combo just GETS ME. haha It’s been forever since I’ve had french toast – I’m definitely going to try this mug version pronto ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Kellen February 13, 2016 at 10:22 am

This looks delicious and so easy to make! I just bought a loaf of sourdough bread so I know what I’m making this weekend!

• Reply Janelle @ Run With No Regrets February 13, 2016 at 7:40 pm

This looks amazing! I’ve never made a mug cake but they look so good. Now I’m craving French toast!

• Reply Sam @ PancakeWarriors February 13, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Seriously this is so creative. So chunky monkey is the only ben and jerry’s flavor I’ve ever eaten. Is that weird? It’s my favorite, I don’t ever want to try anything else! This french toast makes me want to run down the steps and make this. Might have to happen in the morning.

• Reply Kalee @ The Crowded Table February 13, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Looks SO good! You can’t go wrong with breakfast and dessert at the same time!

• Reply Joyce @ The Hungry Caterpillar February 14, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Yum! Kinda genius–and what an awesome way to use up old GF bread–that stuff goes stale pretty quick. The question is: how does anyone ever keep enough bananas in the house? : P

• Reply Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness February 14, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Did you FER REALZ just make French toast IN A MUG? AND WITH ALL THAT CHUNKY MONKEY GOODNESS?
    Seriously. I want to marry this mug. And you. Don’t tell my hubs ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Reply Bethany And Rachel February 15, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Heck yes we did! Chunky monkey is the way to go! Thank you!

• Reply Sarah @ BucketListTummy February 15, 2016 at 10:07 am

Wow, it seems unfair that something so delicious and drool-worthy can be so easy and quick ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Liz February 15, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Ok, this is unreal! French toast in a MUG?!? LOVE IT. And It’s been forever since I’ve had french toast so I’m totally pinning this for this weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday February 15, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Even though I was craving it a week ago, I’m honestly not the crazy about French toast. That said, the flavors in this sound incredible enough to make me wanna give it a shot!

• Reply Victoria February 15, 2016 at 9:00 pm

YUM. I need to make this ASAP!

• Reply Victoria February 15, 2016 at 9:00 pm

YUM, I need to make these ASAP!

• Reply Coffee Talk #2 February 16, 2016 at 5:01 am

[…] genius idea that can be made in a mug makes me want to shake my pom-poms with […]

• Reply Stacey February 16, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Oh this looks insanely good!! I think I’m going to cut up one of my paleo English muffins and do this. This has to happen soon ! Thanks ladies ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate February 17, 2016 at 9:55 am

Whoa, this looks so good! I love love love french toast!

• Reply Marina @ A Dancer's Live-It February 18, 2016 at 7:16 am

French toast in a mug?! Uhhhhh sign me up!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply KJ | Omnomherbivore February 20, 2016 at 1:49 am

Your dessert breakfasts always sound so amazing!!

• Reply Andrea Wyckoff February 23, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Wow! This Chunky Monkey French Toast is off the hook! So many of my favorite things in one dish! And for breakfast!? Sign me up!!

• Reply Julie @ Running in a Skirt February 28, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Seriously!? This looks like a dream! Pinned!