Dinner Featured Product Review Recipes Uncategorized

BBQ Beet Power Bowl + Love Beets Review

February 1, 2016
BBQbeetpowerbowl 2

Enjoy this tasty BBQ Beet Power Bowl for a heathy,delicious and filling lunch or dinner. It’s loaded with spiralized and roasted veggies, shredded BBQ beets and topped off with a 3 ingredient beet vinaigrette. This power bowl is vegan, paleo and whole 30 complaint.

Enjoy this tasty BBQ Beet Power Bowl for a heathy,delicious and filling lunch or dinner. It's loaded with spiralized and roasted veggies, shredded BBQ beets and topped off with a 3 ingredient beet vinaigrette. This power bowl is vegan, paleo and whole 30 complaint.

Do you ever have those embarrassing stories like when you do a presentation in front of the whole class and you have spinach stuck in your teeth from lunch?  You know, those haunting memories that you still seem to play in your mind when you feel humiliated.  Well, for me, I had one of those experiences in my freshman year of college.  Except it was beets, not spinach.

I had just gotten done eating a ginourmous salad with all the veggies, include tons of beets and I had a presentation in english class right after.  Well, long story short, the beets stained my tongue bright red and my teeth tinted pink.  Lets just say it was pretty embarrassing. The end.

Anyways, what I was trying to point out was, that beets are one of my favorite foods.  When I eat them, I go H.A.M.  I mean it’s like “would you like some lettuce with your beets?” Yeah, I like beets that much.  Which is why I was wicked excited when Love Beets reached out to me and sent me tons of their amazing products!

Now let’s talk about this BBQ Beet Power Bowl. Power/Buddha Bowls are becoming a popular option for a nutritious lunch or dinners for many health-conscious people, and I frankly don’t blame them, they are deeeeelish. I love that you can pretty much throw everything you want into a bowl, cover it in some type of sauce or vinaigrette and then call it a day! For this power bowl, I used all of my favorite veggies, no skimping here.

We’ve got:

Spinach

Spiralized Carrots

Spiralized Zucchini

Roasted Eggplant

Roasted Brussels sprouts

Roasted Sweet potato wedges

and lastly, the star of the show, BBQ shredded Love Beets!

And wait, there is more. Top it off with a simple 3 ingredient vinaigrette made with cold-pressed beet juice, apple cider/balsamic vinegar and olive oil. If you want, you want, you can also top it with a protein of choice, whether it be, tofu, tempeh, chicken or fish or nothing at all is up to you. Either way this BBQ Beet power bowl is hearty, nutritious and will keep you full for hours.

BBQ Beet Power Bowl

• 1 cup spinach
  • 1 small zucchini, spiralized
  • 1 carrot, spiralized
  • Roasted sweet potato wedges (about 1/2 cup)
  • Roasted eggplant (about 1/2 cup)
  • Roasted brussels sprouts (about 1/2 cup)
  • 1/2 container Love Beets BBQ shredded beets
  • Beet Vinaigrette
  • 1/4 cup LoveBeet Beet juice
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil

1. For Power Bowl: Combine all ingredients in a bowl
  2. For Dressing: Add all ingredients together and drizzle over power bowl and mix well

Pin for Later!

Not only was I sent there amazing flavored beets, but also their beet juice and beet bars!  Lets take a closer look:

Marinated Baby Beets: Already cooked and marinated with different and tasty flavors!  No artificial preservatives and colors and gluten-free!

BBQbeetpowerbowl7

• Organice Mild Vinegar
  • White Wine & Balsamic
  • Honey & Ginger
  • Sweetfire
  • Smoky- BBQ shredded Beets

Beet Juice: naturally sweet with a rich, smooth, taste! Full of powerful antioxidants and nitrates, which help promote a healthy heart and boost stamina and endurance!  Gluten-free, 100% juice, no preservatives and no added sugar!

BBQbeetpowerbowl8

• Organic Beet Juice
  • Organic Beet Juice with a hint of Ginger

Beet Bars: A healthy and tasty on the go snack!  Packed with protein and fiber, each bar is gluten-free, nut-free and GMO-free!

• Beet & Apple Bar
  • Beet & Blueberry Bar
  • Beet & Cherry Bar

For more information, check out Love Beets!

“This post is sponsored by Mambo Sprouts.  All opinions are my own.”

• Have you ever had a buddha bowl/power bowl? If so, what was in it?
  • What’s your favorite way to eat beets?

linking up with Laura!

• Reply Lauren February 1, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Yum, this salad looks so yummy! What type of spiralizer do u use?
    Lauren recently posted…Edamame GuacamoleMy Profile

• Reply Link Love February 2, 2016 at 5:43 am

[…] totally all about the power bowls this time of year.  Check out this great beet power […]

• Reply neil@neilshealthymeals.com February 2, 2016 at 7:00 am

Ha ha. That’s a brilliant story about you doing your presentation in English class right after eating beets. Sorry I probably shouldn’t have laughed. But seriously beets are great aren’t they. And this is exactly the kind of salad I love to take to my work as a packed lunch!
    neil@neilshealthymeals.com recently posted…Cheesy Cauliflower and White Bean SoupMy Profile

• Reply Natalie | Feasting on Fruit February 2, 2016 at 12:14 pm

This bowl looks wonderful, I love everything in it and all this different textures–chopped and shredded and spirals, so fun! And I’m a total beet fanatic too! I can just eat a whole pack of those cooked beets straight, they are so good and easy. I never knew there were so many flavors though. And your pink teeth story is hilarious 😀 I’ve never had that problem, but one time I did eat so many that my pee turned pink and I thought I was dying till i remembered what I had for lunch hahaha!
    Natalie | Feasting on Fruit recently posted…Vegan Gluten-Free FlatbreadMy Profile

• Reply Shashi at RunninSrilankan February 2, 2016 at 1:03 pm

I adore beets – never can get enough of them and this bowl is nudging me to jump through the screen!
    Shashi at RunninSrilankan recently posted…Potato Skin Pile-UpMy Profile

• Reply Anna @ THE POSH BODY February 2, 2016 at 1:03 pm

I’m obsessed with beets! I love making beet chips in the oven and dipping them in guac 🙂
    Anna @ THE POSH BODY recently posted…GET REAL GUIDE to BloatingMy Profile

• Reply Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine February 2, 2016 at 4:03 pm

I “love” love beets 😉 All beets! Isn’t the beet juice awesome!
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…23 Gluten-Free Valentine’s Day Recipes To Woo Your Favorite CeliacMy Profile

• Reply Cailee February 2, 2016 at 4:59 pm

“When I eat them, I go H.A.M.” You are SO cute! I haven’t had beets in so long… but I went through this summer where I ate them almost everyday! So good. And this bowl looks awesome! Great recipe!
    Cailee recently posted…Hello Healthy Oats!My Profile

• Reply Christy @ Feasting Not Fasting February 2, 2016 at 7:36 pm

This looks like an awesome power bowl of all the good stuff! And I can totally sympathize – I’m so paranoid about having stuff in my teeth now. Waaay too many embarrassing moments have occurred. 🙈

• Reply Jessica DeMay February 2, 2016 at 8:29 pm

This bowl looks awesome and I did not know they had different flavors!! So cool! I’ll have to look for those. 🙂

• Reply GiGi Eats February 2, 2016 at 9:41 pm

YUM! I LOVE THIS mixture of awesome! I do have to admit that I’ve never had beets before though!

• Reply Sam @ PancakeWarriors February 3, 2016 at 9:22 am

You could seriously give me all the beets and I would be so happy. Dave makes fun of me when I order beet salad and it’s like all beet and my teeth get stained temporarily. So worth it!
    Sam @ PancakeWarriors recently posted…Black Bean Sweet Potato NachosMy Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel February 4, 2016 at 8:56 pm

I love beets too! That’s the only bad thing about them haha

• Reply Elizabeth Shaw February 3, 2016 at 10:59 am

I’m seriously obsessed with beets! This post was made for me, so thank you! Pinning now!

• Reply Shannon February 3, 2016 at 11:00 am

BBQ beets!!! YESSSSS

• Reply Beverley @ sweaty&fit February 3, 2016 at 11:05 am

love that you made your own vinaigrette using the beet juice! very resourceful.
    Beverley @ sweaty&fit recently posted…Valentines Day Overnight Oats with Raspberry Chia JamMy Profile

• Reply Kelly @ Eat the Gains February 3, 2016 at 3:24 pm

I didn’t know they made all those different flavors! I always stock up on the original roasted beets when we go to Costco.
    Kelly @ Eat the Gains recently posted…Super Bowl Recipe Round-Up 2016My Profile

• Reply Ashley February 3, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Beets are a HUGE favorite of mine and this power bowl sounds delicious! I didn’t even know they made BBQ shredded beets! I need to keep an eye out for those…
    Ashley recently posted…Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Quinoa ChiliMy Profile

• Reply Cara's Healthy Cravings February 3, 2016 at 6:56 pm

I love that you used beets in the dressing, clever idea!
    I love any kind of meal in a bowl, this just looks perfect!
    Cara’s Healthy Cravings recently posted…DIY Yoga RetreatMy Profile

• Reply Laura Vieira February 10, 2016 at 1:23 pm

This looks delish! Great for an afternoon pick-me-up! This will surely help me power through my day! Have you tried to add a citrus twist or grate some ginger into the dressing?

Love the blog!

• Reply Bethany And Rachel February 10, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Thank you! No but that would be a great addition, thanks for sharing!

• Reply Whitney February 12, 2016 at 6:49 am

“Would you like some lettuce with your beets?” << this made me chuckle! I actually like beets but I've only ever eaten them raw (in a juice or salad), need to give these Love Beets a try! Now for a power bowl, yes please! Might just make me one for lunch today hehe

• Reply Kerri McGrail February 22, 2016 at 11:20 pm

Zomg yum- love power bowls! And especially love ones with sweet potato- and chickpeas <3 I love beets in juice- like a beet -organge-ginger juice – or roasted beet chips, or shredded/ grated like you have in a salad!
    Kerri McGrail recently posted…Balls to the Walls Treadmill Workout: Progressive RunMy Profile

• Reply 30+ Veggie Bowls to Keep Your Work Lunches Healthy! - pumpkinandpeanutbutter February 26, 2016 at 6:02 am

[…] BBQ Beet Power Bowl // Athletic Avocado […]

• Reply 30 Plant-Based Power Bowl Recipes to Fuel You Through Your Day - FitLiving Eats April 22, 2016 at 8:20 am

[…] BBQ Beet Power Bowl by The Athletic Avocado […]