Breakfast Recipes

Cinnamon Apple Noodle Breakfast Bowl with Candied Nuts

December 27, 2015
AZB1-6

Lets talk about the best tangible gift you’d ever received  (because being a Christian, I would say the best intangible gift is the birth of Christ).  If you asked me this question two years ago, I’d say my MacBook Pro.  If you asked me when I was five, I’d say my mint-colored ferbie.  Unfortunately ferbies don’t exist anymore and have been beaten out by cooler toys these days, so lets move on.

AZB4-2

Last year  when my mom asked me what I wanted, I said nothing.  Ever since I grew out of my teenage years, I don’t feel the need to ask for 55 things I want for Christmas. I get so much more joy giving than receiving!  However, after thinking for a few days, I realized that I was itching to make zoodle recipes after the zoodle craze had just begun.

AZB3-3

Hence my love for this amazing hand-cranked  machine begun.  I love making zoodles, and gladly replace them with pasta any day.  With so many zoodle recipes all over healthy blogs these days, I wanted to create a more sweet breakfast-like recipe using a spiralizer.

AZB2-3

I always use apples in my breakfast, whether it be a yogurt parfait or oatmeal.  Instead of chopping them up,  I made them into noodles for fun.  And instead of just sprinkling with plain nuts o top, I made candied nuts that are made in the microwave!

AZB4-2

This breakfast bowl requires little effort and leads to a tasty and filling dish when paired with Stonyfield greek yogurt!  Are you vegan or paleo?  Don’t worry!  You can sub coconut yogurt to enjoy this beautiful yogurt bowl!  Its also gluten-free and grain-free!

Apple Noodle Breakfast Bowl

• 1 tsp. coconut oil, melted
  • 1 tsp. coconut sugar
  • dash of ginger
  • dash of nutmeg
  • dash of cloves
  • dash of cinnamon

1. Using a spiralizer, spiralize apples according to directions into curly noodles. Toss with cinnamon and set aside in a bowl.
  2. Combine all ingredients for spiced nuts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly toasted.
  3. To assemble noodle bowl, place greek yogurt and pomegranate arils on top of apple noodles and top with spiced nuts.
  4. Enjoy!

cinnamon apple noodle breakfast bowl

• Reply Arman @ thebigmansworld December 28, 2015 at 5:44 pm

You guys, this is so darn creative and delicious sounding, I just did a tucked full in dismount off the uneven bars. Then I did a sheep jump for good measure (Which I stuck).

PS- I threw my sister’s furby in the toilet when I was 7 🙂
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…An Unconventional Californian ChristmasMy Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel December 28, 2015 at 11:22 pm

thank you! Haha damn your a good gymnast, look at you sticking a sheep jump! and LOL at throwing your sisters furby in the toilet, I bet she was so angry!

• Reply Natalie | Feasting on Fruit December 29, 2015 at 1:48 am

There is some sort of crazy genius going on here 😮 It’s like apple breakfast pasta! I’m in love with this bowl, probably the most fun breakfast bowl I’ve seen <3
    Natalie | Feasting on Fruit recently posted…Fruit Frosted Chocolate Layer CakeMy Profile

• Reply Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table December 29, 2015 at 5:50 am

How have I not noodled and apple yet?! Brilliant. This is SO much more fun than cereal!
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…New Year, New Workout – Upper and CardioMy Profile

• Reply Link Love - December 29, 2015 at 12:22 pm

[…] //Apple noodles in a breakfast bowl! Such a good idea! […]

• Reply marcie December 29, 2015 at 3:34 pm

I’ve not made noodles out of apple yet! I love this idea, and what a delicious breakfast!

• Reply Margaret @ youngandrungry December 29, 2015 at 3:52 pm

Oh my gosh you’re an absolute genius! I LOVE this idea! I just got a spiralizer so I’ll have to do this ASAP! I love love everything about this recipe!
    Margaret @ youngandrungry recently posted…Running and Whole30My Profile

• Reply GiGi Eats December 29, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Cinnamon APPLE NOODLES?!?!?!? Ok thats a bit odd! LOL! But hey, I am not one to knock off the ODD FOOD combos!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…Getting Rid Of Leftovers Is Cake!My Profile

• Reply Sarah Grace December 30, 2015 at 9:09 pm

APPLE NOODLE?! I love my zoodles and I also love making those apple slinkies out of that one thingamobob (have you seen one??), so I’d be so down for this!!

xo,
    Sarah Grace
    Sarah Grace recently posted…Wacom Bamboo Spark Review as a Student and BloggerMy Profile

• Reply Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine December 30, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Heck yea!!! A spiralizer was one of the best gifts I got 😉 Sprializing apples…..just loads of fun and YUM!
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Seckel Pear & Pistachio SconesMy Profile

• Reply Christina January 1, 2016 at 1:46 pm

This is so so creative!!! I have not used an apple with my spiralizer (yet) and I know just what to make with it now 🙂 Happy New Year!!
    Christina recently posted…The Blissful Balance 2015 Blog BreakdownMy Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel January 3, 2016 at 1:41 pm

thank you! apple noodles are life changing 🙂 Happy New Year!

• Reply Emily Weir January 1, 2016 at 2:54 pm

It never even occurred to me to make apple noodles. This is genius! Definitely giving this recipe a try.

• Reply Chrissa - Physical Kitchness January 2, 2016 at 2:22 am

DAAAANG this is like healthy dessert breakfast! So creative and it seriously looks amazing! Gotta love the MacBooks. I tell my 15 month old that it’s mommy’s “toy” 😉
    Chrissa – Physical Kitchness recently posted…Quick and Dirty 7 Minute HIITMy Profile

• Reply Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me January 3, 2016 at 2:52 am

Apple… noodles? I love your creativity so much! If we ever meet up, I request this recipe. Anddddd every other recipe. 😉
    Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me recently posted…2016 New Year’s ResolutionsMy Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel January 3, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Thank you so much! One day we will meet up and ill make you some! 🙂

• Reply Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry January 7, 2016 at 5:36 pm

This is exactly what I want to eat for breakfast now and forever.

• Reply Heather Mason@Nuttynutrition January 7, 2016 at 5:47 pm

This is so creative and beautiful! I too got a spiralizer for Christmas and I can’t wait to try this recipe with it! I have so many apples at my house right now!

• Reply Post Run Breakfast Recipes Round Up January 14, 2016 at 11:32 pm

[…] Cinnamon Apple Noodle Breakfast Bowl with Candied Nuts from Athletic Avocado […]

• Reply 13 Paleo Breakfast Recipes That Aren't Eggs February 1, 2016 at 3:39 pm

[…] Cinnamon Apple Noodle Breakfast Bowl With Candied Nuts: Spiralizing isn’t customarily for dinner. Apples are customarily vagrant to be incited into […]

• Reply 13 Paleo Breakfast Recipes That Aren't Eggs : GetMints February 1, 2016 at 4:07 pm

• Reply 13 Paleo Breakfast Recipes That Aren't Eggs : ThatSpoon February 1, 2016 at 4:18 pm

• Reply 13 Paleo Breakfast Recipes That Aren't Eggs | GourmetCrazy February 1, 2016 at 4:21 pm

• Reply 13 Paleo Breakfast Recipes That Aren't Eggs | FoodieFlick February 2, 2016 at 6:00 pm

• Reply KoreanCabbage – 13 Paleo Breakfast Recipes That Aren't Eggs February 2, 2016 at 6:03 pm

• Reply Healthy Recipes Using Greek Yogurt February 27, 2016 at 6:01 am

[…] Apple Noodle Breakfast Bowl via Athletic Avocado  […]

• Reply Courtney February 27, 2016 at 6:14 am

Oh my goodness, this looks delicious… and beautiful!

• Reply Dark Chocolate Cranberry Muffins | courtney's cookbook March 3, 2016 at 5:03 am

[…] I tried this week: – Apple Noodle Breakfast Bowl – Athletic Avocado – Gingerbread Banana Bread – Chocolate-Covered Katie – […]

• Reply Christine March 18, 2016 at 10:55 am

2-3 min in the micro is too long! After 2 min it BURNED the topping and stunk up the house. Yikes. One minute IMO. After 1 min the coconut oil was bubbling.

• Reply Bethany And Rachel March 20, 2016 at 3:51 pm

oh no! It worked fine in our microwave but every microwave is different and I’m sorry we didn’t specify that. Will add!

• Reply JuJuBe March 18, 2016 at 11:23 am

Hello! I am begin to dip my toes in the paleo lifestyle and this recipe looks amazing! I was wondering if you would share the item you used to make these apple noodles and share a review. Thank you so much in advance! This is an amazing idea!