Breakfast Desserts Featured Recipes Snacks Uncategorized

Coconut Pumpkin Breakfast Bars {Paleo, Vegan + GF}

November 18, 2015
PBB5

Need a healthy grab n’ go breakfast? Make these delicious Paleo Coconut Pumpkin Breakfast Bars for the perfect way to satisfy your early morning appetite!

One of the biggest pet peeves I have is when people say they don’t have time to make breakfast.

PBB2

It erks me the way it erks my dad when I tell him to exercise (he still doesn’t do it). Let me tell ya something, if you have time go to the drive thru and get your Starbucks or McDonald’s breakfast sandwich, you can quickly grab a healthy breakfast on the go.That why I always make breakfast for my dad, because if I didn’t, he’d be going to McDonalds every morning to get an egg mcmuffin and he’d probably be thirty pounds heavier (your welcome Dad).  Its as simple as making something the night before and then just grabbing it when you leave the door.

PBB4

These Coconut Pumpkin Breakfast Bars are simple to make and are even easier to grab and go the next morning.  Plus they help keep you full by supplying you with a good source of protein, healthy fats and a tad bit of natural sweetener.  Next time some one complains that they don’t have time to make breakfast, show them this recipe and tell them to stop talking.

PBB1

And is pumpkin still a thing? Because I dunno about you, but it will always be a year’ round thing for moi! Pumpkin isn’t just for fall, peeps!

PBB3

Paleo Pumpkin Coconut Breakfast Bars

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place almonds and coconut on a cooking sheet and place in oven for 15 minutes, or until slightly toasted.
  3. Add almonds and coconut to a food processor and process until it is a flour or meal-like texture. Add to a large bowl.
  4. In a small bowl combine pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Add to almond-coconut mixture and mix well.
  5. Add in dark chocolate chips and use your hands to mix all ingredients together well.
  6. Spray cooking spray (or use parchment paper) in a large loaf pan and transfer the mixture to pan and use a spatula to smooth out. Sprinkle on shredded coconut.
  7. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
  8. Let cool and slice into about 8 bars.
  9. Adapted from [this recipehttp://paleogrubs.com/strawberry-banana-breakfast-bar-recipe]

PBB5

Want More Delicious Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes???

Paleo Pumpkin Bread Breakfast Pizza

PUMP2

2 Minute Flourless Pumpkin Sticky Bun

Healthy Flourless Pumpkin Sticky Bun made in the microwave!

Flourless Apple Pecan Muffins

Healthy Flourless apple pecan muffins made with only a few ingredients!

Make Sure to Pin for Later!!!:Need a healthy grab n' go breakfast? Make these delicious Paleo Coconut Pumpkin Breakfast Bars for the perfect way to satisfy your early morning appetite!

• Are you still eating pumpkin everything?
  • What’s your favorite healthy grab n’ go breakfast?

• Reply Sonali- The Foodie Physician November 18, 2015 at 3:09 am

I love grab and go breakfast ideas because I’m always rushing out the door in the morning! Pumpkin, coconut and chocolate? Yum!
    Sonali- The Foodie Physician recently posted…Dining with the Doc: Pumpkin Spice Meatballs with Orange & Ginger Cranberry SauceMy Profile

• Reply GiGi Eats November 18, 2015 at 3:18 am

Yeah, these would happen on the DAILY if I could eat almonds!!!
    GiGi Eats recently posted…The Unicorn of Pumpkin PiesMy Profile

• Reply Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 18, 2015 at 5:16 am

Pumpkin is a year thing for me too! I love this. And I love you calling out the non-breakfast people. There’s always, always a way.
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Pretty Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Bowl + WIAWMy Profile

• Reply neil@neilshealthymeals.com November 18, 2015 at 6:25 am

Pinned. Not only is this a fabulous sounding recipe, but I totally agree with you.

Too many people make the excuse that they don’t have time to make breakfast, if only they spent a little more time and effort in preparing things like this, beforehand, instead of spending time watching TV or idling about!
    neil@neilshealthymeals.com recently posted…Simple Spiced Carrot SoupMy Profile

• Reply Lauren @ Eating with a Purpose November 18, 2015 at 12:57 pm

I think you combined all of my favorite things into one bar!! Pinning to make 🙂
    Lauren @ Eating with a Purpose recently posted…Healthy Thanksgiving RecipesMy Profile

• Reply Amy @ Happy Healthy RD November 18, 2015 at 1:03 pm

What is it with Dads and breakfast? I don’t think my Dad ever eats breakfast either. These bars sound great by the way – definitely going to make these soon!
    Amy @ Happy Healthy RD recently posted…Sunshine Quinoa Collard Green WrapMy Profile

• Reply Natalie | Feasting on Fruit November 18, 2015 at 1:50 pm

Don’t have time for breakfast!?!? Crazy people! My problem is choosing, because there are so many breakfast foods I love! That’s why I often have breakfast foods for dinner too 🙂 These healthy lovely little bars look like they could double as dessert in my opinion. I love the chunky, chewy, chocolate-filled texture! And I’m with ya on pumpkin year round, I totally made a pie in the middle of July last summer 😀
    Natalie | Feasting on Fruit recently posted…Fruit-Sweetened Pumpkin PieMy Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel November 19, 2015 at 12:00 pm

I know me too! I can eat breakfast foods for every single meal and never get bored, there is just so much variety! They can def be dessert too! Thank you so much! I never can have enough pumpkin ever 🙂

• Reply Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine November 18, 2015 at 9:04 pm

There’s always time for breakfast when chocolate is involved 😉
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Fluffy Rosemary Yeast BunsMy Profile

• Reply Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen November 18, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Yum! These sound great. And I’m not over pumpkin, so no worries here. 😉
    Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen recently posted…Vegan Sweet Potato Black Bean Pumpkin ChiliMy Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel November 19, 2015 at 11:56 am

thank you! Good I’m glad, you can never have too much pumpkin!

• Reply Rachael@AvocadoADayNutrition November 19, 2015 at 3:41 am

Yum! These look awesome! And I’m still eating pumpkin in the spring, so bring on the pumpkin recipes 🙂
    Rachael@AvocadoADayNutrition recently posted…Wellness Wednesday: Eating Normally Over The HolidaysMy Profile

• Reply Sam @ PancakeWarriors November 19, 2015 at 4:45 am

OMG yes I can’t stand when people claim not to have time to make breakfast. These look simply amazing, I would eat them breakfast, lunch and dinner!!
    Sam @ PancakeWarriors recently posted…Gluten Free Baking for the HolidaysMy Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel November 19, 2015 at 11:56 am

same, its one of my biggest pet peeves! thank you, i may or may not have had them as a side dish with dinner 🙂

• Reply Vanessa @VeganFamilyRecipes.com November 19, 2015 at 2:59 pm

How yum! These pumpkin breakfast bars look divine! My boys will go crazy for them 🙂
    Vanessa @VeganFamilyRecipes.com recently posted…Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie (V,GF,P)My Profile

• Reply Liz @ The Clean Eating Couple November 19, 2015 at 5:29 pm

What a yummy breakfast these would be!! Or dessert.. either one would be fine 😉
    Liz @ The Clean Eating Couple recently posted…There Are No ShortcutsMy Profile

• Reply lindsay November 20, 2015 at 12:55 am

pumpkin all year thing, yes! it’s a must, especially with these bars and for breakfast. GENIUS!

• Reply Marla November 20, 2015 at 3:53 pm

Hi Bethany & Rachel,
    I love pumpkin & eat it all year long. Love your recipe – sounds like a healthy delicious snack that is perfect for the upcoming holidays. Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays. Pinned & tweeted. Have a healthy happy blessed Thanksgiving!
    Marla recently posted…Real Food Friday #115 – Celebrating Thanksgiving with Real FoodsMy Profile

• Reply ilka November 21, 2015 at 12:52 am

It’s such a simple and fast recipe. Looks super delicious and I love everything pumpkin. Pinned:)

• Reply Esther November 23, 2015 at 12:48 am

Those look fantastic! Love everything pumpkin!
    Thanks for joining the link-up!
    Esther recently posted…Energy Balls RevisitedMy Profile

• Reply Emily @ Recipes to Nourish November 23, 2015 at 11:00 pm

These sound delicious! I love breakfast treats like this. Thanks for sharing this with us at Savoring Saturdays linky party. Hope you’ll join us again this Friday.
    Emily @ Recipes to Nourish recently posted…Sweet Potato Biscuits {Gluten Free}My Profile

• Reply Abi @ Joy In My Kitchen November 24, 2015 at 2:16 am

Sounds good! I’m sure I would love them and hope my kids approve too when I try them for breakfast. Visiting from Savoring Saturdays.
    Abi @ Joy In My Kitchen recently posted…Christmas Gifts Under 5 Dollars for Everyone On Your List!My Profile

• Reply Emily @ Recipes to Nourish December 4, 2015 at 1:13 am

Just stopping by to let you know I’ll be featuring this at Savoring Saturdays link party tomorrow {Friday at 4 p.m. EST}. Hope you’ll join us again!
    Emily @ Recipes to Nourish recently posted…Chocolate Orange TrufflesMy Profile

• Reply German Chocolate Cake Breakfast Bars » Clean and Healthy Eating Recipes by Two College Athletes January 7, 2016 at 9:32 pm

[…] seeing how popular my recipe for Paleo Pumpkin Coconut Breakfast Bars were, I was itching’ to make another variation that involved chocolate.  Chocolate pumpkin […]

• Reply 19 High Calorie Breakfast Recipe Roundup - Beauty In Christ - The Book April 1, 2016 at 10:09 am

[…] 10.  Rachel and Bethany’s Paleo Coconut Pumpkin Breakfast Bars […]

• Reply 10 Easy Paleo Breakfast Bars - Brogan List April 1, 2016 at 1:23 pm

[…] Coconut Pumpkin Breakfast Bars {Paleo, Vegan + GF} […]

• Reply 18 Gluten-Free and Vegan Brunch Recipes | Life99Style April 13, 2016 at 5:37 am

[…] 1. Paleo Coconut Pumpkin Breakfast Bars […]