Breakfast Desserts Featured Recipes Snacks

Flourless Apple Pecan Muffins {GF, Paleo + Vegan Option!)

October 27, 2015
flour less apple pecan muffins 6

These Flourless Apple Pecan muffins areΒ the perfect grab n’ go breakfast for a chilly fall morning!

The fall weather is starting to grow on me.

flour less apple pecan muffins4

For years I was convinced that I needed to move to a warmer area of the states because I hate cold. I am now starting to appreciate the season changes and the pretty views and have come to realize that fall would not be the same without the changing weather. I still hate the cold, but what I love fall is

sweat pants/sweat shirts

big sweaters

fuzzy socks

boots

pumpkin

seasonal flavored coffees

apples

cozy dinners

Flourless Apple Pecan muffins 3

Let’s face it, New England has the most perfect fall weather, but let’s not get into winter so fast. All of you fall-loving people will appreciate these flourless Apple Pecan Muffins to satisfy your needs for all-things-autumn! Eat these in your fuzzy socks, sweat pants, big sweaters on a cold fall day and you’ve got the perfect breakfast/snack/dessert!

Flourless Apple Pecan Muffins 2Β Β

These apple pecan muffins are fall-inspired, paleo,vegan, GF, DF, pecan-apple-cinnamony deliciousness!

Flourless Apple Pecan Muffins 1

Flourless Apple Pecan Muffins

• Flourless Apple-Pecan Pie Muffins
  • 1 cup pecan meal (grind 1 cup of pecans in food processor until fine)
  • 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan)
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1-2 tbsp honey, optional ( I like it w/o, but if you can add if you want)
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 Finely chopped apple

1. 1. Pre-heat oven at 350 and put cupcake liners in a muffin tin
  2. 2. Throughly mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, divide batter among cupcake liners (makes about 6)
  3. 3. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until done

flour less apple pecan muffins 7

Want more Muffins?

FRENCH4

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie French Toast Muffins

COCO4

Toasted Coconut Pecan Streusel Muffins

salty3

Flourless Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Muffins

• What’s your favorite thing about fall?
  • Is it getting cold where you live?

Linking up with Laura for Strange but Good!

Apple Pecan muffins

• Reply Megan October 28, 2015 at 2:23 am

Just mention flourless muffins and you already have me sold! This sound like a perfect fall snack! Pinning to try soon!
    Megan recently posted…Chocolate Chip Beet BagelsMy Profile

• Reply Amy @ Happy Healthy RD October 28, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Fall foods are my favorites! I have some apples that I think would love to be made into these muffins. I’ve never used pecan meal but I’m intrigued. πŸ™‚
    Amy @ Happy Healthy RD recently posted…Easy Roasted Red PeppersMy Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel October 28, 2015 at 4:33 pm

pecan meal is awesome! These muffins are a great way to eat apples πŸ™‚

• Reply Sam @ PancakeWarriors October 28, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Love all these fun fall things too!! I have a big bag of pecan meal – I love that I now have a recipe to use!! I bet the flavor is amazing! Pinning
    Sam @ PancakeWarriors recently posted…Pumpkin White Bean Veggie BurgersMy Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel October 28, 2015 at 6:33 pm

isn’t pecan meal so awesome!??? Thank you so much πŸ™‚

• Reply Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me October 28, 2015 at 6:19 pm

Today has actually been the first day of fall weather over here, and I am loving it! I’m going to embrace it this year. This recipe could not have come at a more perfect time, thank you Rachel!
    Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me recently posted…WIAW: Ice Cream Night!My Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel October 28, 2015 at 6:33 pm

fall weather is the best weather! These muffins are perfect for fall, thanks so much! πŸ™‚

• Reply Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine October 28, 2015 at 8:14 pm

I wish I could say the same, but I think the only thing I appreciate about the Fall is the food πŸ˜‰
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Black Garlic & Lime Cedar Plank SalmonMy Profile

• Reply Georgie October 29, 2015 at 9:19 pm

Ooo I’ve never tried something with pecan flour. This sounds excellent. I’ve definitely embraced fall into my life. Such a lovely season
    Georgie recently posted…15 Exciting Recipes for Breakfast EnthusiastsMy Profile

• Reply Bethany And Rachel October 30, 2015 at 12:51 am

pecan flour is my fav new flour! fall is the prettiest season πŸ™‚

• Reply lindsay October 29, 2015 at 11:40 pm

OHHH i so need to get my hands on some pecan meal. great idea! and YUM!

• Reply 61 Healthy Sweet Apple Recipes October 30, 2015 at 12:20 am

[…] Flourless Apple Pecan Muffins from Athletic Avocado […]

• Reply Vicky & Ruth- May I Have That Recipe October 30, 2015 at 4:11 am

I love vegan and gluten free desserts! These look amazing! I especially love adding apple to desserts this time of year.
    Vicky & Ruth- May I Have That Recipe recently posted…Vegan Wild Rice and Chorizo Stuffed Baby PumpkinMy Profile

• Reply Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 30, 2015 at 2:34 pm

These scream fall! So pretty. I think we’re going for apples this weekend… adding this to the to-make list.
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Strange But Good Halloween RecipesMy Profile

• Reply Marla October 30, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Hi Bethany & Rachel,
    These flourless muffins sound delicious and easy to make. Thanks for sharing on Real Food Fridays. Pinned & tweeted!
    Marla recently posted…Real Food Fridays #112 – Healthy Living for a Healthy LifeMy Profile

• Reply Annmarie October 30, 2015 at 8:03 pm

These look delicious!!!
    Annmarie recently posted…Caramelized Cauliflower & Herbed Sorghum SaladMy Profile

• Reply Miz Helen November 2, 2015 at 8:02 pm

We would really enjoy your Apple Pecan Muffins! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen
    Miz Helen recently posted…Cranberry Pumpkin CustardMy Profile

• Reply Elizabeth Shaw November 2, 2015 at 8:56 pm

I love how cute & petite these are! Perfect for Fall and holiday brunch gatherings!
    Elizabeth Shaw recently posted…Comment on 25 Mind Blowing Peanut Butter Recipes by MelanieMy Profile

• Reply Raia November 4, 2015 at 4:43 pm

Delicious! One can never have too many muffin recipes. πŸ˜‰ Thanks so much for sharing them at Savoring Saturdays! Hope to see you back this weekend! πŸ™‚
    Raia recently posted…Spiced Apple KombuchaMy Profile