Featured Recipes Snacks

Paleo Sriracha Almond Crackers

June 29, 2015
photo 1.PNG-12

You know what I hate? Going to a party that has no appetizer or muchies before the main dish is served! It’s the worst when you arrive, extremely hungry, and there is nothing to eat! Luckily when my parents host parties/get-toghethers, they also have the best appetizers to keep their guest satisfied until the main dish!photo 4.PNG-5

My favorite is  crackers and pepperoni (no cheese for me), such a classic! After shying away from processed food, crackers became rare in our house, but not any more. After receiving a brand new flavor of almonds from Blue Diamond,  Sriracha Blue Diamond Almonds, I knew i had to make this delicious flavor into crackers, and these were a hit at our last party!

photo 3.PNG-11

Paleo Sriracha Almond Crackers

• 1 container Sriracha Blue Diamond Almonds, about 3/4 cup
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 2 eggs, beaten (or 2 flax eggs)
  • 2 tbsp sriracha, optional

1. 1. Preheat oven at 350 and layer a 9x9 pan with wax paper
  2. 2. Place almonds in food processor and grind into a butter, about 3-5 minutes
  3. 3. Put almond butter in a a bowl and add rest of ingredients, mix well until fully combined into a dough
  4. 4. Spread and flatten dough(using hands)onto wax paper until about 1/4 inch thick, bake for 15 minutes, or until done
  5. 5. Let cool and cut into squares (i made 20 medium sized but you can make them smaller or larger)

photo 2.PNG-12

photo 5.PNG-3

“This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds.”

Linking up with Tina Muir and Confessions of a Mother Runner for Meatless Monday!

*This post contains Affiliate Links through Amazon Affiliates Program”

• Reply Harriet Emily June 29, 2015 at 10:57 am

Loving these crackers! It’s so amazing that they’re grain free! They sound so tasty, especially with the use of Sriracha almonds! Yum!
    Harriet Emily recently posted…PESTO PASTAMy Profile

• Reply Tina Muir June 29, 2015 at 11:10 am

Yay! Glad to have you back on the linkup! And with a great recipe too! What a yummy combination of flavors! Thanks so much, hope you will join us again every week 🙂
    Tina Muir recently posted…Meatless Monday- Raspberry Brie Pita PizzaMy Profile

• Reply Shashi at RunninSrilankan June 29, 2015 at 1:07 pm

What a creative recipe! I love love love your use of Sriracha almonds in these crackers! Fantastic!
    Shashi at RunninSrilankan recently posted…Sri Lankan Fruit Salad with Whipped Vanilla Coconut ToppingMy Profile

• Reply Sam @ PancakeWarriors June 29, 2015 at 4:34 pm

How creative! Love how simple these are. And those sriracha almonds – I bet they are so yummy! I make a flax cracker but I love that these are so much easier than those!! I agree that you have to have some stellar appetizers!
    Sam @ PancakeWarriors recently posted…Breakfast ParfaitMy Profile

• Reply Alicia@ Eco Friendly Homemaking June 29, 2015 at 5:22 pm

These crackers look delicious and sound easy to make!
    Alicia@ Eco Friendly Homemaking recently posted…Do You Stay Hydrated?My Profile

• Reply Sarah June 29, 2015 at 5:44 pm

Love sriracha and these look so delicious and easy!
    Sarah recently posted…Patriotic Pops 2.0My Profile

• Reply Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine June 29, 2015 at 8:28 pm

I JUST made my first recipe using sriracha……I’m a FAN!
    Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine recently posted…Funfetti Celebration DoughnutsMy Profile

• Reply Dani @ DaniCaliforniaCooks June 29, 2015 at 9:40 pm

What an inventive use of spiced almonds! I’m a bit intimidated to make my own crackers, but I love the way these look.
    Dani @ DaniCaliforniaCooks recently posted…Paleo Peach & Ginger MuffinsMy Profile

• Reply Nadia June 29, 2015 at 11:49 pm

I love almond, I love crackers AND I love Sriracha! To me, this is a winner 😀 xx
    Nadia recently posted…Simple Hummus RecipeMy Profile

• Reply Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen June 30, 2015 at 12:34 am

How fun!! And so easy!! Awesome recipe. 🙂
    Ashley @ Fit Mitten Kitchen recently posted…Vanilla Mint Matcha Protein ShakeMy Profile

• Reply Farrah June 30, 2015 at 2:09 am

Yayy! These crackers look delicious! 😀 I’ve never actually tried making crackers before, but I was all about the sriracha this weekend! 😛 (Yay for sriracha oven fries! :] ) I actually happen to have coconut flour, so I’m gonna have to try this recipe out!
    Farrah recently posted…10 Med School TermsMy Profile

• Reply Annmarie June 30, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Well don’t these look delicious!!! You always have the best recipes 🙂 Can’t wait to see what you come up with for the guest post 🙂
    Annmarie recently posted…Gevalia Iced Coffee With Almond Milk: Lactose Free + RefreshingMy Profile

• Reply Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies June 30, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Those almonds are so perfectly spiced that I bet they make crazy amazing crackers! Crackers are pretty rare in our house — I’ll buy Saltines if my boyfriend has an upset stomach (Because he basically cries for them, ha) but other than that it’s homemade or nothing. These definitely look worth making.
    Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies recently posted…Sriracha Almond Crusted Grilled Cheese with AvocadoMy Profile

• Reply Dapinder June 30, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Wow, I didn’t realize that sriracha almonds were a thing! Love a little spice kick in my snacks, so will have to get them a try.

• Reply Mary June 30, 2015 at 7:41 pm

I love making crackers, it makes me feel like Martha Steward! I’m also addicted to sriracha so these crackers (and almonds) are right up my alley. I’m sure the flavor is out of this world!

• Reply Sonali- The Foodie Physician June 30, 2015 at 10:22 pm

These sound so tasty! The addition of Sriracha is awesome…definitely not optional for me 🙂
    Sonali- The Foodie Physician recently posted…Dining with the Doc: Spicy Thai Chili Tuna MeatballsMy Profile

• Reply Julie @ Running in a Skirt June 30, 2015 at 10:55 pm

What a great healthy recipe! It’s great to have a whole foods swap for crackers.
    I’m all about the snacks and appetizers too 🙂
    Sometimes I enjoy them more than the meal.
    Thanks for linking up for meatless Monday!
    Julie @ Running in a Skirt recently posted…June 2015 Top 5 Posts & Life UpdatesMy Profile

• Reply 50 Paleo Snacks on-the-go Ideas July 6, 2015 at 8:48 pm