I have a new exciting product to share with you today! The guys (and gals) over at WEDO sent me a package of their Banana Flour! Made from 100% all natural green bananas, this flour contains no additives, preservatives, chemicals or dyes and is a healthy alternative to regular flour! Banana flour is full of natural vitamins and minerals and incorporates 12 bananas worth of potassium in every container! It also contains contains RS2, an important form of resistant starch that is found in few foods. Resistant starch, unlike normal starches, is not digested in the small intestine, which results in numerous health benefits.
Banana Flour is the perfect alternative to any flour and can be subbed in any recipe (3/4 cup of banana flour for 1 cup regular flour). It is awesome for gluten-free and grain-free baking! What better way to use banana flour than to bake these chocolate strawberry donuts!
- 1/2 cup banana flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten (or flax egg for vegan option)
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add mixture to flour mixture and stir well, or until all ingredients or evenly combined.
- Spray cooking spray in a donut pan and add batter about 2/3 full in each slot.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- To make glaze, combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Dip donuts in glaze and drizzle with paleo-approved white chocolate (if desired).
Adapted from this recipe
[Tweet “These #paleo Chocolate Strawberry Donuts are so moist and decadent and made with Banana Flour!”]
*”This post contains affiliate links through Amazon Affiliate Program”