Cake for breakfast? I know what your thinking, “that doesn’t sound like a good start to the day!” It normally isn’t , but this recipe is an exception.
Unlike most breakfast cakes and pastries, this breakfast cake is made with all natural ingredients that contain beneficial nutrients to fuel your body. This will energize you while making your taste buds pretty happy.
Besides carrot cake is delicious for dessert, but even better for breakfast in my opinion
Paleo Carrot Skillet Breakfast Cake
Serves anywhere from 1-4
(adapted by One Green Planet)
- 6 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 Tbsp. apple sauce
- 1 egg, beaten (or flax egg)
- 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 6 Tbsp. almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 1 Tbsp. paleo friendly white chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the coconut flour and baking powder.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir well until all ingredients are completely and evenly combined.
- Spray cooking spray in a small cast iron skillet add spoon in mixture. Spread evenly.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until done.
- All-natural ingredients
- No processed ingredients
- No preservatives
- High fiber
- Moderate amount of protein
- Refined sugar-free
- Whole 30-friendly
- Vegan- friendly (if flax egg is used)