Man do I love a good filet of fish! Cod has to be one of my favorites because its so mild and the flaky, moist texture is out of this world. I was lucky enough to be sent some high quality fillets of atlantic cod from Sizzlefish right to my door!
The fish is caught right of the coast of New England and then frozen right away to ensure freshness and quality. Cod is full of satisfying protein (31 grams per serving) as well as healthy unsaturated fats. Not to mention, its great tasting and versatile! Its perfect for this easy to make honey mustard flax crusted cod!
Honey Mustard Flax Crusted Cod
- 4 uncooked cod filets (I used Sizzlefish Atlantic Cod)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey (organic if possible)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a shallow bowl, combine egg, mustard and honey. Mix well.
- In a separate shallow bowl, add ground flaxseed.
- Dip cod fillet in egg mixture . Transfer into ground flaxseed bowl and coat fillet well. Repeat for all filets
- Place on a cooking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until done.
To check out other amazing fish and seafood that Sizzlefish offers, click HERE
- All-natural ingredients
- No artificial flavors
- High protein
- moderate amount of healthy fats
- Low carb