As much as I love trying new foods, I have to admit there are certain foods I HAVE to eat every day, Cottage cheese being one of them! I’ve been becoming obsessed with the stuff lately, and been choosing it over my greek yogurt (gasp!). I’m hooked on the creaminess and distinct texture it adds to certain foods. You can add it to smoothies and oatmeal for added protein or sub it with cream cheese or ricotta cheese in baking and cooking! I was very grateful when Daisy Brand send me over some coupons to try their amazing cottage cheese! I was amazed at the quality of the 100% all-natural ingredients that the 90 year old company uses! Daisy uses no preservatives which sets them apart from any other dairy products!
Only 90 calories and a whopping 13 grams of protein per half cup! Super creamy and chunky even though its low in fat! There are only a few all-natural ingredients :Cultured skim milk, cream, salt, vitamin A palmitate. Whats not to love?
- 1 1/4 cup Gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup no sugar added apple sauce
- 1/4 cup milk (I used almond)
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup/ honey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup Daisy Brand cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add in apple sauce, milk, egg vanilla and maple syrup. Combine well then add in chopped apple and pecans and mix.
- In a food processor, combine remaining ingredients for filling. Process until smooth, or about 10 seconds.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and add batter one-third of the way for each slot. Then add a spoonful of the cheesecake mixture. Finish it up with another spoonful of batter. Repeat for each muffin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until muffins are done.
What’s your favorite way to eat cottage cheese?
[Tweet “#glutenfree Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake Muffins are packed with protein and fiber!”]
Thanks to Meatless Mondays for Hosting!