With christmas peeking behind the corner, I just couldn’t help myself getting into the christmas spirit a little early. I always look forward to baking desserts for holiday parties, but this year things are going to be a tad different. Instead of using tons of butter and unhealthy ingredients, my plan is create healthy clean eating recipes without my family evening knowing! The same great taste but way less calories and tons of health benefits! Peppermint is one of the official flavors of Christmas so what better way then to make healthy clean eating peppermint brownies? Packed with loads of health benefits like fiber, vitamins, healthy fats and so on, you won’t know they are healthy!
Gluten-free Peppermint Brownies
(adapted from Fit Foodie Finds)
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour (or any gluten-free flour)
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites, beaten (or flax egg)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar/maple syrup/honey
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract (use 1 1/2 tsp if not using stevia)
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint stevia
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted (can be vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine egg, agave, coconut oil and extracts. Combine well.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients, making sure to mix well and scraping sides of bowl to ensure evenly mixed.
- Add melted chocolate and stir batter well to evenly distribute chocolate.
- Spray cooking spray in a glass pan. Spoon in batter and spread evenly throughout pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until done.
- No preservatives
- No processed sugar
- Refined sugar-free
- Healthy fats
- Full of fiber
- Clean ingredients
- Dairy-free(if using dairy-free chocolate)
- Tons of antioxidants and vitamins