I am totally obsessed with all kinds of fruit butters, peach, pear, apple, pumpkin, you name it, I love it. But the downside of these sweet condiments is that many of them contain more than fruit, they contain sugar and other additives, with the exception of Kauffman’s.
They can also be pricey, reaching up to 4-5 dollars for a small jar. Good thing I decided to make my own, not only is it healthy, clean and no sugar added, It’s dirt cheap as well. This butter is the perfect topping to almost anything, toast, waffles, pancakes, ice-cream, yogurt (I Love mixing it into plain greek yogurt!)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 baked apple (chopped then cooked in microwave for 3-4 minutes or until soft)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Nunaturals stevia simple syrup or 1 tbsp maple syrup, honey, agave
1. Place all ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat
2. Constantly stir and keep on the stove for 10 minutes
3. Take off stove top after mixture is hot, let cool and place in a mason jar, if desired
Be sure to check other amazing meals at Peas and Crayons!