You’ll want to spread this delicious Pumpkin Salted Caramel Almond Butter on everything! It’s AMAZING and you would never guess that it’s healthy!
I’ve always loved almond butter and sometimes treat myself with it, but it’s so darn expensive that me buying it is quite rare. Seriously $8.99 for one tiny jar that will last me a week? Yea I don’t think so. So I finally hopped on the DIY nut butter train and decided to make my own gourmet nut butter. I love salted caramel flavored anything, and pumpkin everything is where its at, so I combined the two. The result you might ask? Simply deliciousness!
- Pumpkin Salted Caramel Almond Butter
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, unsalted
- Caramel (adapted from Living Healthy with Chocolate)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk, light or regular (I used light)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread almonds out on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until almonds are slightly toasted. Let cool.
- In a small sauce pan on medium-low heat, add water and coconut sugar. Bring to a boil, then add in coconut milk, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Adjust to low heat and stir constantly for 10 minutes.
- Take off heat and add in sea salt and cinnamon.
- Place almonds in a food processor and process for 3-5 minutes, or until a butter forms.
- Add in caramel and process for another 2-3 minutes.
- High in multiple vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin E, Biotin, Manganese, Copper, Vitamin B2, Phosphorus and Magnesium
- High in healthy fats
- High in fiber
Recipe as a whole:
- No processed ingredients
- No preservatives
- No refined sugar
- Healthy fats
- Whole 30