I love french toast, it may be better than pancakes! I have made so many healthy pancake recipes that I decided it was time to try something different, french toast roll-ups! These babies have been going viral through Pinterest and other social media websites lately, but if course they are not healthy. My mission was to create the same lovely recipe, but clean it up a bit nutrition wise. The cinnamon-sugar is a key part in making this dish, so I added all natural unrefined cane sugar that I got from Karis Naturals! To make it even better, I added peanut butter and banana because who doesn’t love that combination?
Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast Roll-ups
Slices of bread are rolled thin, filled with peanut butter and banana, rolled up and dunk into egg mixture, then coated in a cinnamon sugar mixture. If you like french toast, you love these peanut butter banana french toast roll-ups even more!
- Makes 10
- 10 slices ezekiel bread/whole-grain bread
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large bananas)
- 2 eggs, or 1 egg and 1 egg white, beaten (or 2 flax eggs)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Take crusts off of bread and roll each slice with a rolling pin until flat.
- Spread peanut butter on each slice then spoon on mashed banana. Roll the slices up and repeat for all.
- In a shallow bowl, combine eggs, almond milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together.
- Heat a skillet on medium-low heat with coated with cooking spray.
- Dunk rolls in egg mixture, then add to skillet, cooking them until golden them turning over to the other side. Repeat with remaining roll-ups.
- Once out of the skillet, immediately roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Healthy fats
- No preservatives
- No processed ingredients
- No refined sugar
- No artificial ingredients
[Tweet “#healthy Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast Roll-ups for the win!”]