Cookouts are the one of the best things about summer! Juicy burgers, the sunset, the warm weather! I love it all, besides the unhealthiness of the burgers. Most burgers have tons of protein, but a lot of unhealthy fat to go along with it. Thats why I made this burger. Salmon is packed with protein plus healthy fats that are important in maintaining over all health. Why the zucchini you might ask? It gives the burger a nice moist flavor, just like it does in zucchini bread. The result? A delicious satisfying burger you won’t feel guilty about!
Salmon Zucchini Burgers
makes 6 burgers
- 1 3/4 cup canned salmon, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine zucchini, onion and salt and pepper, mix well.
- In a food processor, combine salmon and egg. Blend for about 10 seconds, or until salmon resembles texture of ground meat.
- Add Salmon to zucchini. Mix well using a large spoon or your hands.
- Spray cooking spray on a cooking sheet and form salmon into 6 burgers.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until burgers are done.
- Place burgers on a bun, or what ever you would like.
- Healthy fats
- All natural
- No preservatives
- No added sugar
- No artificial ingredients
- 100% clean
- Whole 30