I’ve had my share of granola bars and tried many different kinds. With all of the different flavors and different textures, there is a few things about them that I don’t like, the preservatives, sugar and artificial ingredients! Sure they taste good, but they are usually seen as a “good-for-you” food, but in actually contain many ingredients that you can’t even pronounce, that’s why I decided to make my own, not only are they super delicious, clean, and healthy, but they are super-easy to make, much faster than taking a trip to your grocery store! Not to mention that they literally taste like banana bread inside of a granola bar! Perfect for a quick snack or breakfast, these granola bars will please even the pickiest of eaters!
Banana-Nut Bread Granola Bars
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in water for 2 hours (you could skip this step)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup. chia seeds (I used the Chia Co)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine walnuts, drained raisins, and banana. Blend for about 15 seconds, or until mixture is smooth.
- In a seperate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix well then add banana mixture. Stir until fully combined.
- Spray cooking spray in a jelly roll pan. Add batter and spread on bottom of the pan evenly. Top with banana slices, if desired.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until bars are toasted.
- Let cool and slice.
- Healthy fats
- No added sugar
- No preservatives