Are your store-bought bars not cutting it? Make these simple, dense and hearty granola bars! They’re soft, chewy and naturally sweet for a perfect snack or breakfast! Vegan & Gluten-free
*Post and pictures updated 7/11/17*
Welp, it’s been a hot minute (more like 3 years) since I made these granola bars. It’s sad to think that I’ve forgotten about them, buttttt at least I remembered now! Better late than never 😉
Unlike your regular store-bought granola bars, these guys are super dense and hearty. They’re basically a hybrid between banana nut bread and a chewy granola bar. No complaining here !
Oh and you know how some granola bars are so hard you almost loose a tooth when you bite into them? These bars aren’t like that at all. They’re soft baked but still portable.
They’re super duper easy to make! Here is what ya need:
chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
Soft-Baked Banana Nut Granola Bars
Are your store-bought bars not cutting it? Make these simple, dense and hearty granola bars! They’re soft, chewy and naturally sweet for a perfect snack or breakfast!
- Banana-Nut Bread Granola Bars
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in water for 2 hours (you could skip this step)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup. chia seeds (I used the Chia Co)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine walnuts, drained raisins, and banana. Blend for about 15 seconds, or until mixture is smooth.
- In a seperate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix well then add banana mixture. Stir until fully combined.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Add batter and spread on bottom of the pan evenly. Top with banana slices, if desired.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until bars are toasted.
- Let cool and slice.
Like This Recipe? Pin For Later!
You May Also Like: