Literally all we had in our house was 2 eggplants, 2 tomatoes, some spinach, 3 frozen chicken sausages and spices. It was my job to make dinner (well it alway is ), so a big light bulb went off in my head to make stuffed eggplant. I had never stuffed and eggplant before (only zucchini), but I’m soo glad I did! ONE OF THE BEST MEALS I EVER HAD!!!! No joke, this is amazingly good, and amazingly easy!! The sausage can either be chicken, or tofu, making it vegan, vegetarian, paleo, an whole 30 approved!! MAKE THEM
Spicy Brushetta Stuffed Eggplant
- 4 eggplants cut in halve, lengthwise
- 3 pre-cooked chicken sausages, sliced (I used Al Fresco Chicken Sausage)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place eggplant on cooking sheet and spray eggplant with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes, or until eggplant is tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop out the middle of the eggplant and mix with sausage mixture.
- Stuff eggplant with mixture and bake for another 15 minutes.
- 100% clean
- Lean protein
- Whole 30
- No-added sugar
- No preservatives